A Complete Guidance for Summer/ Industrial Training Programmes
For B.TECH Students (AS PER UPTU/GBTU CURRICULLAM)
Training Duration: 4-6 Weeks
-By Mr. Rajan Verma (HOD, EC Department, KGEC, Kanpur)
There are Four Different Fields for Summer Training for ECE Students…
EMBEDDED /ROBOTICS SECTORS
- COMMUNICATION SECTORS
- MATLAB/VLSI/VHDL/PLC/SCADA OR AUTOMATION
EMBEDDED /ROBOTICS SECTORS
Robotics is a relatively new branch of branch of Engineering that attracts the students particularly from Electronics, Mechanical, Electrical and other allied branches of engineering. Most of the foreign companies based in US are spending extravagant on the research and development in the field of Robotics Engineering.
If you want to make a robot you have to aware about the various aspects of building a robot like hardware, software and intelligence control of the machine.
Embedded System Training: The digital revolution has reached a very advanced stage in this age of modern technology. Today we cannot imagine our lives without the field of electronics be it mobile, television, refrigerator, washing machine, MP3 etc. Embedded system plays a robust role in all these technologies because every equipment contains 8051 microcontroller or processor. Currently according to the research and statistics of NASSCOM there is a huge global opportunity in Research and Development domain and it will reach $89 billion by 2015 out of which India will contribute $15billion in size.
* Companies are looking for industry ready talent. For this reason industrial training play an important role and to gain strong practical knowledge project oriented learning is important. The more and more projects you are exposed your knowledge will also increase. Embedded System is present in virtually all the aspects of life. Embedded system has a lot of influence in all the sectors like automotive, medical, biomedical, aerospace, consumer goods. The most important need of the hour is trained and educated manpower with sound practical job oriented knowledge. The industrial training should be imparted in a manner so that it can cater to the needs of the industry. The future for embedded engineers is bright and companies like TCS, Wipro, L&T, KPIT Cummins, Zensar, NIIT Tech, Infosys, and Volvo are investing heavily in embedded system operations. According to the statistical estimation 8051 chip make up 50% of the embedded chip market. So if you are an aspiring electronics engineer keen on making your career in embedded domain first go through 8051 learning the basics of embedded system 8051 from a reputed training company duly recognized in the education industry.
If computers are what keep people connected, network engineers are the people who keep computers connected.
One network engineer told the Princeton Review that his position was “basically a plumbing job.” If one considers all the lines and cables (and wireless connections) linking today’s systems, servers, routers and firewalls, the engineer’s comment makes sense.
Simply put, network engineers design, set up, test and build local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), intranets and other data communications systems. These systems can be configured in many different ways, and can range from simply connecting two PCs in an office to building global information networks.
Network engineers aren’t just tech-savvy, they’re problem-solvers. Many leaders in this field point out that their days are rarely spent typing or coding on a computer, but in front of a whiteboard brainstorming and visualizing complex solutions to all sorts of networking conundrums. Though these skilled professionals use tools like packet sniffers and protocol analyzers, the best implement a network administrator can have is brain power.
Several vendors offer certifications that can prove one’s ability and proficiency as a network engineer. Here are a handful of options for those who wish to become network engineers:
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification “validates the ability to install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network, including basic network security.”
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is an intermediate-level networking endorsement that “validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size route and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN,” according to vendor information.
- Certified Novell Engineer cert broadcasts an IT pro’s ability to support a wide range of networks and shows one’s ability to “perform planning, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and upgrade services for networks,” according to the vendor.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) endorsement is useful to network engineers who need to show proficiency working in Linux and Unix systems. Candidates for this cert already hold the Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator cert, with the RHCE showing additional depth.
- CompTIA Network+ authorization covers the latest skills needed by technicians, including the basics on how to secure a network. The vendor recommends that candidates for this accreditation have at least nine months of networking experience and hold the CompTIA A+ cert.
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) and MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
With increasing job opportunities and diverse training options, those wishing to either launch or further a career as a network engineer will likely find many prospects for success
Wireless industry opportunities are growing rapidly worldwide for individuals that demonstrate real-world skills and expertise in this constantly changing technological landscape. Organizations are investing heavily in the strategic recruitment of proven professionals who thoroughly understand the complexities associated with the next wave of innovative introductions.
Most communications engineers work for telecommunications companies and manufacturers and installers of communication devices/systems. Self-employment via consultancy/contract work is possible for individuals with several years’ experience.
The main objective of the telecoms industry is to allow people to communicate, whether they’re talking on traditional fixed-line telephones, or using mobile devices to send and receive data from the cloud. Employers include BT, Virgin Media, Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent, Huawei, Nortel, Vodafone, O2 and EE, as well as IT consultancy providers such as Accenture and IBM.
The sector is broadly split into vendors and carriers: vendor companies such as Metaswitch, Broadsoft and Ericsson sell the hardware and software products that carrier companies such as BT, AT&T and Yahoo! use in their networks.
Responsibilities typically include:
- managing, monitoring the performance of and working as part of a team of communication engineers/planners;
- organizing/attending meetings;
- agreeing project budgets, timescales and specifications with clients/managers;
- undertaking site surveys; ensuring that objectives and deadlines are met;
- attending conferences and briefings on new products/networks;
- writing reports and documentation; making presentations;
- managing resources;
- undertaking relevant research;
- producing and implementing designs;
- creating test procedures;
- analyzing and interpreting data;
- providing technical support;
- problem solving;
- Producing disaster management plans.
MATLAB/VLSI/VHDL/PLC/SCADA OR AUTOMATION
Automation or automatic control is the use of various control systems for operating equipment such as machinery, processes in factories, boilers and heat treating ovens, switching in telephone networks, steering and stabilization of ships, aircraft and other applications with minimal or reduced human intervention. Some processes have been completely automated.
The biggest benefit of automation is that it saves labor; however, it is also used to save energy and materials and to improve quality, accuracy and precision.
Two common types of automation are feedback control, which is usually continuous and involves taking measurements using a sensor and making calculated adjustments to keep the measured variable within a set range, and sequence control, in which a programmed sequence of discrete operations is performed, often based on system logic. Cruise control is an example of the former while an elevator or an automated teller machine (ATM) is an example of the latter.
The theoretical basis of feedback control is control theory, which also covers servomechanisms, which are often part of an automated system. Feedback control is called “closed loop” while non-feedback control is called “open loop.”
VHDL (VHSIC Hardware Description Language) is a hardware description language used in electronic design automation to describe digital and mixed-signal systems such as field-programmable gate arrays and integrated circuits. VHDL can also be used as a general purpose parallel programming language.
VHDL was originally developed at the behest of the U.S Department ofDefense in order to document the behavior of the ASICs that supplier companies were including in equipment.
The key advantage of VHDL, when used for systems design, is that it allows the behavior of the required system to be described (modeled) and verified (simulated) before synthesis tools translate the design into real hardware (gates and wires).
Another benefit is that VHDL allows the description of a concurrent system. VHDL is a dataflow language, unlike procedural computing languages such as BASIC, C, and assembly code, which all run sequentially, one instruction at a time.
A VHDL project is multipurpose. Being created once, a calculation block can be used in many other projects. However, many formational and functional block parameters can be tuned (capacity parameters, memory size, element base, block composition and interconnection structure).
A VHDL project is portable. Being created for one element base, a computing device project can be ported on another element base, for example VLSI with various technologies.
Here providing you with the names and contact details of the companies where you can apply for summer training
[su_button url=”https://uptunotes.com/summer-training/ ” target=”blank” style=”3d” background=”#558de5″ size=”4″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #000000″]Click here for the companies and their contact details[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://uptunotes.com/summer-training-format/” target=”blank” style=”3d” background=”#558de5″ size=”4″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #000000″]Guideline to prepare summer training report [/su_button]